Thursday, May 22, 2014

Weekend in the Spanish Pyrenees

I spent this past weekend in the Spanish Pyrenees and I came home with a lot of yummy food!  I also got to eat (and drink) some delicious stuff when I was there.  There were events going on in a couple of small towns, in which the whole town comes together and there is free food, such as cake and Spanish hot chocolate, or free ham and wine!
Here is a picture of the free ham and fish (herring) at an event en the town of Escalona, Aragon:
Spanish ham is cured; they leave the whole leg together and shave off thin slices to eat.  There was also free (actually delicious) wine at the event as well!
 This is the view from outside the front door of the house that my boyfriend's parent's have in the Pyrenees.  They live in the city, but they love this part of the Pyrenees and they have been going there since they were young, so a few years ago they decided to restore an old house there for weekend trips.
Here is some of the food I brought home:  This is goat cheese bought straight from the small farm where its made.  The goats graze in the Pyrenees mountains as well.  I picked the organic cherries from the sweetest old man's cherry trees.  He lives in the Pyrenees near the house that my boyfriend's parent's have and he's very neighborly, always giving them food he's grown in his garden.

Anyway, I had a lovely time and got to eat some great caprichos!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment